Connecticut regulators harshly criticized the state’s biggest utility on Wednesday for its “deficient and inadequate” handling of two massive storms last year and held out the possibility of cutting its allowed profit as punishment for extensive outages affecting hundreds of thousands of customers.
Connecticut Light & Power has filed a plan with state regulators to spend $300 million over five years to strengthen its system against storms.
An independent consultant says Connecticut’s largest utility wasn’t prepared for a record-setting snowstorm in October and its failure to put repair crews in place before the storm delayed efforts to restore power.
Northeast Utilities says Jeffrey Butler has resigned as president and chief operating officer of Connecticut Light & Power, which has come under fire for its handling of power outages after last month’s snowstorm.
Connecticut’s attorney general says he will research whether the state’s largest utility broke any laws in its handling of outages that affected thousands of people for more than a week.
The parent company of Connecticut’s largest electric utility is offering $10 million to establish a fund to help residential customers who experienced losses because of a rare October snowstorm.
Two Enfield men are under arrest on charges that they stole a downed electrical transformer from a street in Enfield Tuesday.
A Connecticut fire department is blasting the state’s largest utility provider, saying the company should bear the blame if any of its town residents die in emergencies connected to the area’s lengthy power outage.
Attorney General George Jepsen is asking Connecticut utility regulators to investigate Connecticut Light and Power’s response to last weekend’s autumn nor’easter.
CL&P has just issued their projected timeline of when each town in Connecticut should expect to be restored to 99%.