Programming NotesNext up: *Due to contract restrictions games can’t be streamed at wtic.com.
- UConn Men’s Basketball: 12/16 Coach’s Show with Kevin Ollie 6-7pm
- Uconn Women’s Basketball 12/10 Coach’s Show with Geno Auriemma 6-7pm
- NY Giants Football: 12/15 vs Seahawks 12pm pregame/ 1pm kickoff
Latest Connecticut Hurricane Irene
After last year’s hurricane, the World Meteorological Organization is retiring “Irene” as a storm name.
Governor Malloy’s office has released the latest numbers of state employees who have been fired, or who resigned or retired in the investigation of fraudulent applications in a federal aid program following Tropical Storm Irene.
Connecticut has received $51 million in federal money to help repair roads that were damaged by the remnants of Hurricane Irene and the rare October snowstorm.
Power failures, flooding, road closures and other problems left by Irene have led some superintendents in New England and elsewhere in the East to delay the start of school.
Connecticut’s casinos saw a drop in weekend business as a result of Tropical Storm Irene, but the chief executive at Mohegan Sun says customers are back looking for a place to eat and something to do.
- Residents ‘On Hold’ As Damage Assessment, Recovery Continues 2011/08/30
- Irene Postpones Huskies-Rams 2011/08/30
- Candles May Have Ignited Portland House Fire 2011/08/30
- Malloy, Wyman To Continue Tour of Storm Damage 2011/08/30