Forest Fire Danger: The Forest Fire Danger Level in Connecticut is high, and the National Weather Service has issued a Red Flag Warning, Read More
Health Topic Center
CBS Connecticut Health News
- Another Prescription Drug "Take Back" Day Saturday Federal, state and local authorities are cooperating again this Saturday for the "National Take Back Initiative."
- Vermont Moves Toward Labeling Of GMO Foods Vermont lawmakers have passed the country's first state bill to require the labeling of genetically modified foods, underscoring a division between powerful lobbyists for the U.S. food industry and an American public that overwhelmingly says it...
- Scientists Discover First Case Of Genital Reversal: Female Penis, Male Vagina Displaying the first examples of animals with reversed genitals, researchers have discovered cave insects in which the females have penis-like genitals and the males have vagina-like organs.
- Access Health CT Enrolls 208,301 Connecticut's health insurance exchange says it enrolled 208,301 individuals in health plans during the first open enrollment period for the Affordable Care Act, more than double the original goal of 100,000.
- Study: Television Viewing Leads To Shorter Sleep In Children According to a recent study, increased television viewing in children leads to shorter sleep duration.
- History Major Says Yale Threatened To Expel Her Over Her Weight A Yale student says the school has dropped its months-long demand that she gain weight or leave the university.
- Locations For Medical Marijuana Dispensaries Chosen The Department of Consumer Protection has announced the locations of the first six locations for medical marijuana dispensaries in the state.
- Final Day To Sign Up For Access Health CT Connecticut officials are making a final push to help people sign up for health insurance coverage before Monday night's deadline.
- Additional Health Inspections For Massachusetts Medical Marijuana Dispensaries Companies given provisional approval to run medical marijuana dispensaries in Massachusetts are being subjected to additional scrutiny by state health officials.
- City Denies Marijuana Dispensary WEST HAVEN, Conn. (AP) - West Haven officials have denied a permit for what would be one of Connecticut's first medical marijuana dispensaries and have placed a 90-day moratorium on all such businesses in the city. The Planning and Zoning...