By: Alex Darcey
It’s been 36 years since we’ve had a Triple Crown winner and with the Belmont Stakes approaching, here are the 8 real reasons why California Chrome will take it home this Saturday.
1. He was bred and is owned by DAP racing, which stands for “Dumb-Ass Partners” Racing.
2. His loyal followers have major West Coast street cred and are called the “Chromies”.
Americas Best Racing (@ABRLive) June 03, 2014
3. He has his own country music song titled “Bring it on Home, Chrome”.
4. He just signed a Sketcher shoe deal, Joe Montana better watch his back.
5. His pre-race workout good luck charm is a misspelled saddlecloth that reads “Califorina Chrome”.
Thoroughbred Info (@ThorobredInfo) May 22, 2014
6. He traveled to New York in style with a police escorted semi-trailer.
7. He had a temporary possum workout buddy at the Belmont who now don’s its own twitter account @DAPossum1.
8. And finally, the letter “C” is the winningest first letter of the past Belmont winners; luckily Chrome has 2 of them.
I’ll see you in the winner’s circle Chromies. #ChromeLife