(CBS Connecticut) –– When the UConn Huskies Victory Parade steps off at 4:00 p.m., organizers will have the peace of mind of knowing that set-up, staging and clean-up for the event has been paid for,
Governor Malloy’s office says the Hartford Business Improvement District has collected the $70,000 needed to pay for the parade in the two days since it was announced.
Costs of the parade include physical operations, public safety personnel, staging quipment, insurance, vehicles, transportation and cleanup.
As of 9:00 a.m. Friday, donors were identified as:
· Webster Bank
· Mohegan Sun
· The Travelers Companies, Inc.
· The Hartford Steam Boiler Inspection and Insurance Company
· Northeast Utilities
· United Technologies Corporation
· Virtus Investment Partners, Inc.
· The Connecticut Buick and GMC Dealers
· Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
· Bank of America
· The Hartford
· Capital Region Development Authority
· XL Center
· CBS Radio
· Rogo Distributors
· Peel Liquers
· Robinson & Cole