FAIRFIELD, Conn. (AP) _ Part of a building at Sacred Heart University has been evacuated as emergency crews respond to a reaction inside a chemistry lab.
Fairfield’s fire department says two students were working in a chemistry lab with a small amount of nitric acid when a “foaming reaction” took place. It says neither of the students complained of injuries when firefighters arrived Wednesday afternoon.
Fire officials said the first and second floors of part of the building were evacuated as a precaution.
A Hazmat team was assessing the scene for hazards.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)