Local News

Ex-NFLer Douglas Expected To Plead In Hartford Assault Case

View Comments
Hugh Douglas (Courtesy of Hartford Police)

Hugh Douglas (Courtesy of Hartford Police)

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up

HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) _ Former pro football player Hugh Douglas is expected to plead no contest in a Connecticut case that alleged he assaulted his girlfriend at a Hartford hotel.

Douglas’ lawyer, Corey Brinson, says he expects the former defensive end for the New York Jets, Philadelphia Eagles and Jacksonville Jaguars to plead to a misdemeanor breach of peace charge and avoid jail Monday in Hartford Superior Court. He had been charged with felony assault and strangulation.

Police alleged the 42-year-old Douglas, of Bryn Mawr, Pa., grabbed his girlfriend by the neck in a hallway and slammed her against the walls at the Hartford Downtown Marriott last September. Police say Douglas told them the woman’s neck injury was from rough sex.

Douglas played in the NFL from 1995 to 2004.

(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 845 other followers