Woman Rescued After Hartford Fire; Condition Is Critical
HARTFORD, Conn. (CBS Connecticut) – A Hartford woman is in critical condition after fire broke out in her studio apartment at 131 Washington Street overnight Saturday. Firefighters were able to extinguish the blaze, with damage mostly confined to her third-floor apartment, where it originated. The cause is believed to be accidental.
After firefighters got the 59-year-old resident out of the building, she was treated at the scene, then taken first to St. Francis Hospital, then to the burn unit at Bridgeport Hospital.
She’s reported to be suffering second- and third-degree burns over most of her body.