M-E: Yale Prof O-D’d On Methamphetamine, Amphetamine
NEW HAVEN, Conn. (AP) _ The Medical Examiner’s office says a Yale University professor who died in detention in November overdosed on methamphetamine and amphetamine.
The office said Monday that Samuel See died of acute methamphetamine and amphetamine intoxication with recent myocardial infarction, a medical term for heart attack. His death was ruled an accident.
See was an assistant professor of English and American studies at the Ivy League school in Connecticut.
He was detained by police who were responding to a report of domestic dispute. He was charged with violating a protective order, threatening and interfering with police. Police said that during his arrest, See and officers fell and See was cut above his left eye.
Chief Dean Esserman apologized for a three-day delay in releasing information about See’s death.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)