High Rise Fire Doused Quickly

Firefighters in Hartford Tuesday night   were able to contain a blaze to one unit on the ninth floor of a high  rise apartment building at 10 Marshall Street.The call came in just after 7  o’clock and a second alarm was sounded due to the volume of  smoke and flame.

It appears unattended  cooking in the kitchen  sparked the fire which caused smoke damage  throughout the ninth floor and  some water damage on the  eighth floor.

Most residents   got out of the building on their own, though a few needed some assistance.

Four people were injured,but only one was hospitalized with smoke inhalation.

Comments

One Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Connecticut

Be Part of the Joe D & Gresh Fantasy Football League
Price Chopper Supermarkets Presents Retail Food Rescue Program

Listen Live