Filed underRegional News
KENNEBUNK, Maine (CBS Connecticut/AP) — The Zumba instructor who ran an alleged brothel is now being accused of posing naked in pictures with her 7-year-old son.
The father of Alexis Wright’s son, Benjamin Hopkins, claims in court documents that a caseworker from Maine’s Department of Health and Human Services called him last month to inform him of the pictures that were supposedly taken off the camera of Wright’s alleged business partner in the prostitution ring Mark Strong Sr., according to the Portland Press Herald.
“My son appeared naked covered from the waist down with only a sheet,” Hopkins said in the complaint, according to the Press Herald. “Alexis was fully naked.”
Hopkins was seeking full custody of his son but Judge Daniel Driscoll dismissed the matter last week because neither Hopkins nor Wright showed up for the complaint.
Wright’s attorney tells the Press Herald that her client just wants to shield her son away from the controversy.
“At this point in time, I don’t have any comment about those specific allegations,” lawyer Sarah Churchill tells the paper. “I think it’s fair to say that my client would like very much, especially things about her son, not to be played out in the public realm.”
Wright, of nearby Wells, has pleaded not guilty to 106 counts including prostitution and invasion of privacy for acts performed in her dance studio and in the rented office. Strong, her business partner and an insurance, also pleaded not guilty to 59 misdemeanor counts.
Kennebunk police said Wright videotaped many of the encounters without her clients’ knowledge and kept records suggesting the sex acts generated $150,000 over 18 months. Explicit sex videos also surfaced online.
Wright lives in nearby Wells with her husband, whom she married over the summer. Both have declined to comment, as have other family members.
A lawyer who has seen the complete list of Wright’s alleged clients says it contains the names of more than 150 men, some of them prominent. The 54 men who have been summoned so far on suspicion of engaging Wright’s services include a former mayor, a planning board official and the local high school ice hockey coach. New names released Friday include a former Church of the Nazarene minister, several small-business owners and a South Portland firefighter.
The remaining names will trickle out for weeks to come.
(TM and © Copyright 2012 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2012 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)