By SUSAN HAIGH, Associated Press
HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) _ Gov. Dannel P. Malloy says he expects the number of applications from Connecticut businesses and homeowners for federal disaster assistance following Superstorm Sandy will surpass those filed after last year’s Tropical Storm Irene.
During a conference call Friday, he said 948 businesses and 3,832 homeowners have already applied for financial help.
That’s compared with 1,321 businesses and 5,654 homeowners filing applications over a long period of time following Irene.
Malloy said he thinks the total number of Sandy-related aid applications will “surpass it quite a bit, actually.”
Friday’s call focused on aid available to business. The Small Business Administration has set up centers in Bridgeport, New
Haven, Greenwich, Old Saybrook, Guilford, Groton, Milford and Pawcatuck, where businesses can learn more about loans for physical damage or a cash flow interruption.
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)