WTIC1080

Local News

Plea Deal Reached in Wells Fargo Heist Case

View Comments
Norberto Gonzalez Claudio (FBI Photo)

Norberto Gonzalez Claudio (FBI Photo)

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up

HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) _ The U.S. Attorney’s office in Connecticut says a Puerto Rican nationalist who is one of the last people charged in a $7 million armored car depot robbery in 1983 has agreed to plead guilty.
Federal prosecutors didn’t give details Thursday of the deal with Norberto Gonzalez Claudio. His attorney didn’t respond to requests for comment.

The U.S. Attorney’s office said a hearing is scheduled Friday in U.S. District Court in Hartford.
Gonzalez is not accused of directly participating in the West Hartford heist. He has pleaded not guilty to charges including bank robbery, conspiracy and transportation of stolen money. He was captured in Puerto Rico last year.
The robbery was orchestrated by Los Macheteros, a group that claimed responsibility for robberies, murders and bombings in the 1970s and `80s in the name of Puerto Rican independence.

(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus