Family Says It Will Sue School Over Attack On Daughter

WATERBURY, Conn. (AP) _ The family of an 11-year-old girl who was allegedly beaten by classmates at recess has filed notice that it plans to sue the Sprague Elementary school.

Attorney Richard Franchi tells the Republican-American newspaper ( ) the girl suffered a broken nose and needed stitches in her face after the April 25 incident, which was filmed by a fifth grader.

He says the school should have had more adult supervision. Schools Chief Operating Officer Paul Guidone says there were adults supervising the recess.

Police say the victim was punched in the face repeatedly and pushed into a wall before a paraprofessional stepped in and stopped the beating.

Five students were suspended and one faces assault charges. Police say one attacker told them the victim had been saying things about her family.

Information from: Republican-American,

(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press.  All Rights Reserved.)

blog comments powered by Disqus
Ski Card
WTIC Holiday Stores 2015

Listen Live