WTIC1080
Weather alert: Flood watches and a flood warning have been posted for parts of the state, including minor flooding along the Connecticut River. Read More

Local News

Boiler Problem Blamed For Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Of Seven

View Comments
Firefighter with breathing apparatus (Ross Land/Getty Images News)

Firefighter with breathing apparatus (Ross Land/Getty Images News)

CBS Connecticut (con't)

Affordable Care Act Updates: CBSConnecticut.com/ACA

Health News & Information: CBSConnecticut.com/Health

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up

GREENWICH, Conn. (AP) _ Greenwich officials say a boiler problem was to blame for the carbon monoxide poisonings of seven members of a local family.

A man, woman and five children ranging from 3 years old to high school age were taken to Greenwich Hospital on Monday morning after falling ill from carbon monoxide poisoning while they were sleeping. Authorities say all the victims are expected to fully recover.

Acting town Fire Marshal James McDonald told the Greenwich Time  that carbon monoxide leaked from a boiler and permeated the home. He says the home has a carbon monoxide detector, but it did not go off for some reason.

Firefighters shut off the boiler and ventilated the house. Officials say the home is safe as long as the boiler remains off or gets repaired.

___
Information from: Greenwich Time, http://www.greenwichtime.com

(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press.  All Rights Reserved.)

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus