CBS: Reports of a shooting at a high school outside of Seattle, WA. Read More

Local News

Branford Man Survives CO Poisoning

View Comments
A home on Leetes Island Road where a man survived carbon monoxide poisoning. Photo courtesy of the Branford Fire Department.

A home on Leetes Island Road where a man survived carbon monoxide poisoning. Photo courtesy of the Branford Fire Department.

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up

A Branford house filled with deadly levels of exhaust fumes overnight, after a man accidentally left his car running in the garage, then went to bed.  The man survived.

Deputy Branford Fire Chief John Masci says a carbon monoxide alarm system summoned firefighters to the Leetes Island Road home.

Firefighters who found the man, still alive early this morning.  He survived, and was rushed to the hospital.

Several factors helped the man survive.

“The vehicle suffered a mechanical failure,” Masci said. “It had idled for such a long time that eventually the motor seized up in it.”

Firefighters say the man may also have been saved by a window in the bedrom, which was left open.

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 845 other followers