The names of nine more state employees have been submitted to their agency heads for hearings on possible fraud in applying for federal food aid after Tropical Storm Irene. The governor’s office announced the move by the Department of Social Services and the Office of Labor Relations this morning.
The release did not say which state offices are included in this latest list, which brings to 24 the number of state employees who will undergo administrative hearings. Over the weekend, the president of the State Police Union indicated that at least two state troopers may have filed fraudulent applications.
In Monday’s statement, Governor Dannel Malloy said the 15 employees identified last week have now received letters notifying them of the dates for their individual hearings. He said he has “zero tolerance” for misuse or abuse of government programs. And he urged anyone aware of amy misuse or misappropriation of public funds to get in touch with the whistleblower unit of the State Auditors Office, either at their website, http://www.cga.ct.gov/apa, or by telephone, (800) 797-1702 or (860) 240-5305.