Six Taken to Hospital Because of Carbon Monoxide Exposure

A mother and her five children, all between the ages of infant and eight, were taken to Yale-New Haven Hospital Thursday night after being exposed to extremely high levels of Carbon Monoxide at a house in Wallingford.

Police say they received the call around 7:42 p.m. and upon response to 40 Spring St. found a young female in medical distress. The fire department then arrived and determined the Carbon Monoxide levels were extremely high in the house and all there were in immediate danger. Four more children were then located and taken to the hospital along with their mother.

Preliminary investigation of the scene reveled that the source of the gas was from cooking on a charcoal grill inside the kitchen without proper ventilation.

The two responding police officers and a firefighter were taken to MidState Medical Center for evaluation due to their exposure.

The investigation is ongoing.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Connecticut

At The Box Office
Ski Card

Listen Live