Tavern Fire Ruled An Arson

The explosion and fire early Tuesday at the Milltown Tavern on West Main Street in Stafford has been ruled a case of arson.

“We found two five gallon diesel cans containing petroleum distillate and approximately three areas of origin in the building– the kitchen, the stairway, and the rear of the basement,” said Stafford Fire Marshal Thomas Finch. It is believed the fire was started with gasoline, but tests need to confirm that, said Finch.

The business was closed when the explosion was reported shortly before 1:30 a.m. Tuesday. The kitchen and bar areas suffered heavy damage. No injuries were reported.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Connecticut

Price Chopper Supermarkets Presents Retail Food Rescue Program
Win Red Sox Tickets All Season

Listen Live