Carbon Monoxide Incident Sends Dozens of Students to Hospital,

Officials at St. Mary’s and Waterbury Hospital say students recovered quickly after being given oxygen following exposure to carbon monoxide at the Barnard School Tuesday,  School officials say a total of 40 students and one teacher were sent to the hospital with flu-like symptoms  when a broken door on a furnace vent allowed the colorless, odorless gas to seep into their classroom.

School officials say the vent was repaired, the building ventilated, and the remaining students finished the school day and were dismissed at the normal time.

Plans already were in the works to install carbon monoxide detectors;  school officials say they’re installing temporary units tonight.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Connecticut

Price Chopper Supermarkets Presents Retail Food Rescue Program
Win Red Sox Tickets All Season

Listen Live