Winter storm warning: The National Weather Service has posted a Winter Storm Warning for parts of the state Wednesday morning through Thursday morning.  Stay with WTIC NewsTalk 1080 for the latest forecast, and for traffic problems resulting from the weather. Read More

Carbon Monoxide Incident Sends Dozens of Students to Hospital,

View Comments

CBS Connecticut (con't)

Affordable Care Act Updates: CBSConnecticut.com/ACA

Health News & Information: CBSConnecticut.com/Health

Officials at St. Mary’s and Waterbury Hospital say students recovered quickly after being given oxygen following exposure to carbon monoxide at the Barnard School Tuesday,  School officials say a total of 40 students and one teacher were sent to the hospital with flu-like symptoms  when a broken door on a furnace vent allowed the colorless, odorless gas to seep into their classroom.

School officials say the vent was repaired, the building ventilated, and the remaining students finished the school day and were dismissed at the normal time.

Plans already were in the works to install carbon monoxide detectors;  school officials say they’re installing temporary units tonight.

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 882 other followers