Man Dies Of Bacterial Infection After Eating Oysters In RestaurantHealth officials say the customer was exposed to a bacterial infection known as Vibrio vulnificus and died just two days after visiting the Sarasota eatery.
CDC: Stop Going Into Hotel Pools And Hot Tubs With DiarrheaCDC officials say that over 27,000 people have gotten sick because of water-related pathogens since 2000.
Heavy Drinking Could Increase 'Bad' Bacteria In Mouth, Study FindsPeople who drink more than the recommended daily limit of alcohol may harbor an unhealthy mix of bacteria in their mouths, a new study suggests.
Bag It Up: Dog Poop A Major Environmental Pollutant, Reports FindWhile many areas in the U.S. try to crack down on the littering aspect of not cleaning up after your dog, studies are also finding that dog poop is becoming a major environmental hazard too.
6 Rhode Island Beaches Get OK For SwimmingThe beaches had been closed earlier in the week after water testing showed unsafe levels of bacteria.
Research: Bacteria Can Live On Airplane Surfaces For A Week+Before you take your next flight, you may want to take along a little extra hand sanitizer. New research shows bacteria can hang around on airplane surfaces for more than a week.
Running Tough Mudder? Beware Not To Ingest The WaterMany people these days are participating in 'tough mudders' to stay fit in a fun way. But they may want to practice keeping their mouths shut.