Fire Destroys East Hartford Store

(East Hartford, CT/WTIC) – Fire officials in East Hartford say the blaze that destroyed a store in town late last night was electrical in nature.

Assistant Fire Chief Wiliam Perez the fire was reported just before midnight at the Welcome Market on Main Street when a passerby called 911.

He says it appears the fire started in a basement electrical panel.

No injuries were reported and it took around three dozen firefighters about an hour to knock down the blaze.

A neighboring store also sustained minor damage, Perez said.

This site uses cookies, tokens, and other third party scripts to recognize visitors of our sites and services, remember your settings and privacy choices, and — depending on your settings and privacy choices — enable us and some key partners to collect information about you so that we can improve our services and deliver relevant ads.

By continuing to use our site or clicking Agree, you agree that CBS and our key partners may collect data and use cookies for personalized ads and other purposes, as described more fully in our privacy policy. You can change your settings at any time by clicking Manage Settings.