WTIC’s Steve Saunders reports:

MANCHESTER, Conn. (CBS Connecticut) – Nine people are without a home in Manchester after the two-family house they were living in caught fire Saturday afternoon, fire officials say.

First responders say the blaze broke out around 1:30pm at 24 and 26 Orchard Street. Fire fighters managed to put out the fire in about 15-minutes. They say flames were shooting out of the attic windows, and smoke billowing into the sky.

No one was hurt in the fire, but it did enough damage to deem the house uninhabitable by the town’s building department.

The Red Cross is helping the residents left homeless find a place to stay.

(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)


Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

Listen Live