(Avon, Conn./CBS Connecticut) – Authorities in Avon are investigating a fire in a shed that stored equipment for the town’s Little League.

Officials say they received several 911 calls and crews arrived just before 3:30 this morning.

Upon arrival, they found a 20-foot-by-20-foot shed engulfed in flames.

Inside was a freezer, bats, clothing and a pitching machine.

Fire Marshal Jamie DePace says a downed power line nearby presented a challenge as they battled the blaze.

And he says there’s also another element to their investigation.

DePace says there was vandalism nearby and they’re trying to determine whether that’s related to the blaze.

Nobody was injured.

They haven’t yet put a dollar figure on the losses.


Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

Listen Live