BLOOMFIELD, Conn. (AP) _ Bloomfield police say a 29-year-old woman has died from apparent carbon monoxide poisoning in a home where an unventilated generator was running in the basement.

The death appears to be the seventh in Connecticut related to last weekend’s snowstorm, which knocked out power to more than 800,000 homes and businesses across the state. Gov. Dannel P. Malloy said Tuesday that there had been 135 cases of carbon monoxide poisoning in the state since the storm hit.

Authorities haven’t released the woman’s name. Officers found her dead in a home on Harding Avenue shortly after 11 p.m. Tuesday, after relatives told police they hadn’t been able to contact her.

Police say they believe fumes from the generator caused her death. An autopsy is planned.

(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)


Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

Listen Live