The University of New Haven says an electrical transformer overheated this morning,  shutting off power and cutting phone service throughout the campus.  There were no reports of injury or fire.

The school says classes in Maxcy Hall, where the problem originated,  were cancelled for part of the day.  Buckman hall was also evacuated,  because power there had to be turned off to make the repairs at Maxcy.

An announcement posted on the school’s website said employees would be allowed to re-enter the building to pick up their personal belongings,  but would not be allowed to return to work until further notice.
They were asked to work remotely on campus or from home.


Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

Listen Live