Apples To Oranges: How They Really Stack Up
- TASTEApples run the gamut, from sweet to sour, juicy to grainy... there's an apple to fit any palate.Sweet, juicy and citric are the things that come to mind for pretty much all oranges.
- VARIETIES"MacIntosh," "Granny Smith," "Macoun"... there's some fun names for types of apples. And literally naming a variety "Delicious" takes guts."Navel" and "Blood" aren't the most appetizing names for something to eat.
- KNOWN FOR GROWING IN...Rustic New England orchards.Groves in sunny Florida!
- SEASONNothing says apples like a breezy Fall day. On the downside you may need a jacket.Summer is warm and sunny, the perfect time to enjoy an orange. But that humidity...
- HOW TO EAT ITCut it in slices, or just eat it from your hand.Peel it and eat the individual bite-size wedges.
- JUICEVery sweet and refreshing, but also kind of kid-centric.OJ is an absolute staple when it comes to breakfast foods.
- COLORRed, Green, Gold.. or anywhere in between.Um... Orange. Kind of repetitive.
- DESSERTSApple pie is as classic as it comes when dessert is concerned.Two words: Orange Julius
- FAMOUS EXTRAPOLATIONSAn awesome computer company.A big-time college Football game.
- PHRASES"An apple a day keeps the doctor away." Words to live by."Rhymes with orange" is a pretty passive aggressive sort of dismissal.
- LEFTOVERSA core is compact, but it gets gross if you don't throw it away quickly.A rind can go down the garbage disposal to freshen up the kitchen.
It was a close race, but in the end apples take home the gold by our count. There's certainly countless more ways the two fruits can be compared but more than anything we set out to disprove the tired, old saying... and we did just that!