Latest Tournament News
- Rising Star: Kansas Guard Naadir Tharpe The 5’11” Tharpe is averaging 30 minutes, 8.9 points, and 5.1 assists per game while shooting 45 percent from the field, 39 percent from deep, and 82 percent from the line.
- Rising Star: Michigan State Guard Gary Harris The Big Ten’s Freshman of the Year last season is averaging 17.9 points per game (second in the conference), 4.3 rebounds, 2.8 assists, and two steals for the 22-6 Spartans.
- Rising Star: SMU Guard Nic Moore Moore, a 5’9” point guard from Winona Lake, Ind., is playing as well as anyone in the American Athletic Conference right now. He leads his team with 14.1 points and 4.7 assists per game.
- 200 Layoffs At Sikorsky, Mostly In Connecticut STRATFORD, Conn. (AP) _ Helicopter maker Sikorsky Aircraft Corp. is laying off 200 workers due to military spending cuts and the uneven economic recovery. Spokesman Paul Jackson said Thursday that the subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. is...
- The Women's Beat with Bob Joyce Game #39....For All the Marbles ! - There aren't too many seasons in Women's College Basketball that the best team doesn't play for the National Championship. But the two hottest teams are in UConn & Louisville tonight in New Orleans. Their last...
- Rising Star: Louisville Junior Luke Hancock Most pundits expected Louisville to be in the national championship game, but no one expected Luke Hancock to play an important role.
- Michigan's McGary Plans To Wake Up Today And 'Get Back At It' But he sidestepped one big question -- Will he return to Michigan next season?