Programming NotesUConn Football * Due to contract restrictions games can’t be streamed at wtic.com.
- 9/17 The Coach’s Show with Bob Diaco 6-7pm
- 9/19 Uconn @ USF 6:30pm pregame/ 8pm kickoff
- 9/25 The Coach’s Show with Bob Diaco 6-7pm
- 9/27 Uconn vs Temple 2:30pm pregame/ 4pm kickoff
- 9/21 vs Texans 12pm pregame/ 1pm kickoff
- 9/21 vs. Oakland 10am pregame/ 1pm kickoff – Can be heard on WDRC AM (1360).
- 9/16 @ Pirates pregame 6:20pm/ 7:05pm first pitch
- 9/17 @ Pirates JIP 7pm
- 9/18 @ Pirates pregame 6:20pm/ 7:05pm first pitch
- 9/20 @ Orioles pregamet 6:20pm/ 7:05pm first pitch
Latest Connecticut Weather
The latest winter storm to slam Connecticut made travel difficult and strained snow removal budgets as some fed up residents began counting the days until spring.
After a dozen storms this winter, Connecticut is down to a single-storm supply of salt for highways.
The latest storm to roll off nature’s assembly line this bustling winter spread heavy snow and sleet along the Northeast corridor Thursday, while utility crews in the ice-encrusted South labored to restore power to hundreds of thousands of shivering residents.
Governor Malloy has ordered non-essential first-and-second shift state workers not to report to work today.
More than 200 cancellations were called in to the WTIC Storm Center Thursday as the East Coast snowstorm moved into the state. Governor Malloy scheduled an update from the Emergency Operations Center for 8:30 a.m.
Metro-North Railroad has reduced service due to the winter storm headed to the Northeast.
Governor Delays Thursday Workday For Non-Essential State Workers, Bars Tandem Trucks As Of 4:00 a.m.
Governor Dannel Malloy says state workers categorized as “non-essential” should delay their arrival at work on Thursday until 10:00 a.m. because of the approaching winter storm.
There may be a link between weather and the risk of suffering a stroke, say researchers who analyzed climate trends and hospital records on millions of Americans.
Connecticut Light & Power says crews who traveled to Pennsylvania and New York last week to help restore power after last week’s storm have completed work there and are returning to Connecticut