Programming NotesUConn Football * Due to contract restrictions games can’t be streamed at wtic.com.
- 8/27 The Coach’s Show with Bob Diaco 6-7pm
- 8/29 UConn vs BYU 5:30pm pregame/ 7pm kick0ff
- 9/4 The Coach’s Show with Bob Diaco 6-7pm
- 9/6 UConn vs Stony Brook 10:30am pregame/ 12pm kickoff
- 8/28 Giants vs Patriots 6:25pm pregame/ 7:35pm kickoff
- 8/26 @ Blue Jays 6:20pm pregame/ 7:07pm first pitch
- 8/27 @ Blue Jays JIP 7pm/ 7:07pm first pitch
- 8/30 @ Rays 6:25pm pregame/ 7:10pm first pitch
- 8/31 @ Rays 12:55pm pregame/ 1:40pm first pitch
- 9/1 @ Rays 12:25pm pregame/ 1:10pm first pitch
- 9/2 @ Yankees 6:20pm pregame/ 7:05pm first pitch
Latest Connecticut Red Sox
Theo Epstein was the first person to take a chance on Felix Doubront. Now he is going to give the struggling left-hander another opportunity.
ESPN announcers will call Sunday night’s Red Sox-Yankees game from atop Fenway Park’s Green Monster.
Marcus Stroman had his second solid start against Boston in five days, Colby Rasmus hit a solo homer and the Toronto Blue Bays beat the Red Sox 4-2 on Tuesday night.
Melky Cabrera homered from both sides of the plate and drove in five runs, R.A. Dickey pithed three-hit ball for seven innings and the Toronto Blue Jays romped past the Boston Red Sox 14-1 on Monday night.
For all the milestones of the baseball season, Memorial Day, the 4th of July, the All Star break and Labor Day, regularly tracking the contenders, this is one of the biggest weeks of the year, and it’s only a coincidence the Red Sox and Yankees open a series at Fenway on Friday.
The Tampa Bay Rays didn’t like the way David Ortiz acted after he helped beat them with a three-run homer, and now it’s back on between the teams at the bottom of the AL East.
David Price won his sixth start in a row, Evan Longoria hit a three-run double and the Tampa Bay Rays earned their eighth straight victory, beating the Boston Red Sox 6-4 on Friday night.
Versatile Red Sox rookie Brock Holt is not in the starting lineup Wednesday for the first time since being recalled May 17, ending a streak of 59 straight games.
J.A. Happ pitched six shutout innings for his first victory in three starts, Dioner Navarro and Jose Reyes homered and the Toronto Blue Jays beat the Boston Red Sox 7-3 on Tuesday night.