Programming NotesUConn Football * Due to contract restrictions games can’t be streamed at wtic.com.
- 9/17 The Coach’s Show with Bob Diaco 6-7pm
- 9/19 Uconn @ USF 6:30pm pregame/ 8pm kickoff
- 9/25 The Coach’s Show with Bob Diaco 6-7pm
- 9/27 Uconn vs Temple 2:30pm pregame/ 4pm kickoff
- 9/21 vs Texans 12pm pregame/ 1pm kickoff
- 9/21 vs. Oakland 10am pregame/ 1pm kickoff – Can be heard on WDRC AM (1360).
- 9/16 @ Pirates pregame 6:20pm/ 7:05pm first pitch
- 9/17 @ Pirates JIP 7pm
- 9/18 @ Pirates pregame 6:20pm/ 7:05pm first pitch
- 9/20 @ Orioles pregamet 6:20pm/ 7:05pm first pitch
Latest Connecticut Red Sox
Dustin Ackley’s three-run homer capped a seven-run fourth inning that carried the Seattle Mariners to a 7-3 win over Boston on Saturday, sending the Red Sox to their seventh straight loss.
The Boston Red Sox have announced that they have signed Cuban defector Rusney Castillo to a seven-year contract Saturday.
Austin Jackson’s bases-loaded double with two outs in the ninth inning keyed a five-run rally, and the Seattle Mariners sent the Boston Red Sox to their sixth straight loss, 5-3 on Friday night.
Red Sox manager John Farrell calls outfielder Rusney Castillo “an exciting, athletic player.”
Rookie Matt Shoemaker didn’t allow a hit through 6 2-3 innings and the Los Angeles Angels held on for a 2-0 win over the Boston Red Sox on Thursday, completing a four-game sweep at Fenway Park.
Josh Hamilton broke out of a slump with two hits and three RBIs, Howie Kendrick drove in two runs, and the Los Angeles Angels beat the Boston Red Sox 8-3 to increase their AL West lead on Wednesday night.
Chris Iannetta hit his second double of the game, a tiebreaking drive in the ninth inning off Red Sox closer Koji Uehara that sent the Los Angeles Angels over Boston 4-3 on Tuesday night.
Mike Trout and Albert Pujols hit consecutive RBI doubles, and the Los Angeles Angels extended their AL West lead with a 4-2 victory over the Boston Red Sox on Monday night.
The Red Sox split their series with the Astros 2 and 2, with an 8-1 loss to the Astros Sunday in a game which saw manager John Farrell ejected.