Political Blog Progressive
Programming NotesBoston Red Sox Baseball *Due to MLB restrictions games can’t be streamed at wtic.com.
- 4/15 @ White Sox 7:25pm pregame/ 8:10pm first pitch
- 4/16 @ White Sox 7:25pm pregame/ 8:10pm first pitch
- 4/17 @ White Sox 7:25pm pregame/ 8:10pm first pitch
- 4/18 vs Orioles 6:25pm pregame/ 7:10pm first pitch
- 4/19 vs Orioles 12:50pm pregame/ 1:35pm first pitch
- 4/20 vs Orioles 6:20pm pregame/ 7:05pm first pitch
- 4/21 vs Orioles 11:05am first pitch
Latest Connecticut Political Blog Progressive
Congress refused to vote for relief for the victims of Hurricane Sandy. The first Republican President famously said “a house divided against itself cannot stand.” The same holds true for the Republican Party today.
At midnight, not only did the ball drop in Times Square, ushering in a New Year, but Congress dropped the ball on delivering the country meaningful deficit reduction.
If Congress manages to pass a feeble, last minute, deal on taxes it will be a deal that is long overdue. All of this could have been avoided.
Members of the House of Representatives bolted town on Thursday after rejecting a plan advanced by House Speaker John Boehner.
More than a month after the election, things continue to get worse for the GOP brand. The lead Republican spokesperson during the fiscal cliff negotiations, House Speaker John Boehner, has a 34 percent approval rating. President Obama has a 54 percent approval rating.