Political Blog Progressive
Programming NotesUConn Football * Due to contract restrictions games can’t be streamed at wtic.com.
- 9/4 The Coach’s Show with Bob Diaco 6-7pm
- 9/6 UConn vs Stony Brook 10:30am pregame/ 12pm kickoff
- 9/11 The Coach’s Show with Bob Diaco 6-7pm
- 9/13 UConn vs Boise State 10;30am pregame/ 12pm kickoff
- 9/8 @ Lions 6:10pm pregame/ 7:10pm kickoff
- 9/7 @ Miami 10am pregame/ 1pm kickoff
- 9/2 @ Yankees 6:20pm pregame/ 7:05pm first pitch
- 9/3 @ Yankees 6:20pm pregame/ 7:05pm first pitch
- 9/4 @ Yankees JIP 7pm / 7:05pm first pitch
- 9/5 vs Blue Jays 6:25pm pregame/ 7:10pm first pitch
Latest Connecticut Political Blog Progressive
Congress refused to vote for relief for the victims of Hurricane Sandy. The first Republican President famously said “a house divided against itself cannot stand.” The same holds true for the Republican Party today.
At midnight, not only did the ball drop in Times Square, ushering in a New Year, but Congress dropped the ball on delivering the country meaningful deficit reduction.
If Congress manages to pass a feeble, last minute, deal on taxes it will be a deal that is long overdue. All of this could have been avoided.
Members of the House of Representatives bolted town on Thursday after rejecting a plan advanced by House Speaker John Boehner.
More than a month after the election, things continue to get worse for the GOP brand. The lead Republican spokesperson during the fiscal cliff negotiations, House Speaker John Boehner, has a 34 percent approval rating. President Obama has a 54 percent approval rating.