Programming NotesUConn Football * Due to contract restrictions games can’t be streamed at wtic.com.
- 9/11 The Coach’s Show with Bob Diaco 6-7pm
- 9/13 UConn vs Boise State 10:30am pregame/ 12pm kickoff
- 9/17 The Coach’s Show with Bob Diaco 6-7pm
- 9/19 Uconn @ USF 6:30pm pregame/ 8pm kickoff
- 9/14 vs Cardinals 12pm pregame/ 1pm kickoff
- 9/14 @ Minnesota 10am pregame/ 1pm kickoff – Can be heard on WDRC AM (1360).
- 9/10 vs Orioles 1:35pm first pitch
- 9/11 @ Royals JIP 7pm
- 9/12 @ Royals 7:25pm pregame/ 8:10pm first pitch
- 9/13 @ Royals 6:25pm pregame/ 7:10pm first pitch
Latest Connecticut NBA Playoffs
And then there was one. One game to decide the value of a year’s worth of work trying to become NBA champion. For one team, it’s one last shot at glory as the window is nearly closed on a historic run and for the other, immortality winning back-to-back championships.
It will be known as the LeBron James Headband Game.
Nobody wants to be remembered for choking? Just ask Bill Buckner.
LeBron James led a title-saving charge, and now his crown will be on the line one more time in Game 7.
Five things to watch for in Game 6 of the NBA Finals, as the San Antonio Spurs try to clinch their fifth title and end the Miami Heat’s reign on Tuesday night:
The Spurs have long been the NBA’s gold standard when it comes to drafting and development, preferring to roll up their sleeves and scour the globe to find the right players to slot into well-defined roles in San Antonio.
A little more than a year ago, the Miami Heat stood on the verge of elimination in the Eastern Conference Finals. The team’s heart and the ability of the Big Three were being questioned left and right ahead of Game 6 of the Conference Finals.
The Miami Heat dug themselves a hole when they allowed the San Antonio Spurs to go up 3-2 in the 2013 NBA Finals. Heading into Game 6, the Heat face long odds of just getting to Game 7, much less winning the NBA championship.
They lost three times in three months in one of the most overpowering stretches the NBA has ever seen.