Air Quality Alert: The National Weather Service has posted an Air Quality Alert for Middlesex, New Haven and Fairfield Counties from 2:00 p.m. through 10:00 p.m. Tuesday. Ozone levels may approach or exceed unhealthy standards. Read More
Health Topic Center
CBS Connecticut Health News
- Report: Antioxidant Supplements Don't Fight Cancer New study suggests antioxidants may make some cancers worse.
- Time-Saving Tips For Healthy School Lunches With creative planning and the right containers, packing a quick and healthy lunch can be as easy as ABC and 123!
- School Safety Tips For Younger Kids School is back in session, so take some time to go over these important safety tips with your children. This is just the beginning of the conversation, but it's a great place to get started.
- Study: Stroke Cases Declining in U.S. Cardiologists welcome a new study that finds the downward trend in stroke cases is continuing across the United States.
- If The Shoe Doesn't Fit, Don't Wear It Achy feet? It turns out the shoe size you're wearing could have a bigger impact on your overall health than you may realize.
- Study: Common Cosmetics Contain Harmful Chemicals Make up is a daily routine for almost every woman in some way, but a new report out Tuesday says some popular makeup and products could contain harmful chemicals.
- Electronic Devices Can Cause Nickel Allergies To Flare Up We use our electronic devices for all sorts of things – from talking and looking up information to playing games. But the frequent use of such gadgets is actually making some people sick.
- Computer Glitch Pinpointed Connecticut's health insurance exchange has identified the computer glitch that led to about 900 canceled plans and affected thousands of other customers, an Access Health CT spokeswoman said Friday.
- Study: Vasectomy Linked To Advanced Prostate Cancer Men who have had a vasectomy may be at an increased risk for an advanced, aggressive form of prostate cancer.
- Are Your 'Forgetful Moments' Actually Small Seizures? As we hurry about our busy lives unusual occurrences can be overlooked. For instance, have you ever had your brain just pause?