Health Topic Center
CBS Connecticut Health News
- Milford Considering Smoking Ban At Recreation Areas Milford's Recreation Department is considering a smoking ban at Little League fields and possibly parks, beaches and other recreation areas.
- Three Enterovirus D68 Cases Confirmed At CCMC Doctors at Connecticut Children's Medical Center in Hartford say cases of enterovirus D68 have been confirmed in some children treated there.
- Smoking Ban Considered At Milford Rec. Fields Milford's Recreation Department is considering a smoking ban at Little League fields and possibly parks, beaches and other recreation areas.
- CDC Recommending Vaccination To Combat Seasonal Flu The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is recommending people get immunized as soon as vaccines are available for the upcoming flu season.
- Rhode Island Reports 1st Case Of Enterovirus The Rhode Island health department says the state has its first confirmed case of an unusual respiratory virus that's been affecting children across the U.S.
- A Pill To Treat Concussions Is On The Way While searching for a cancer cure, Dr. James Lechleiter discovered compounds that stimulate the special cells that protect the brain from long-term damage.
- More Insurers To Offer Health Law Plans Next Year The Obama administration says consumers in most states will have more insurance options next year under the president's health care law. The Health and Human Services department on Tuesday reported a net increase of 63 insurers joining the market in...
- 7 CT Hospitals Align To Coordinate Care HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) - Five health care systems that operate seven hospitals in Connecticut are forming an alliance intended to help coordinate care, improve efficiency and reduce costs. The Value Care Alliance includes Danbury, New Milford and...
- Medical Marijuana Sales Begin It's a historic week regarding medical marijuana in Connecticut.
- Fox Bites Four In East Windsor East Windsor police say they believe it was the same fox which bit four people in their town Monday.