Health Topic Center
CBS Connecticut Health News
- Researchers Creating 'Brain-To-Text' System Researchers are working to create a "brain-to-text" system which would decode continuously spoken speech from brain waves and transform it into text.
- Health Care Providers In Talks NEW LONDON, Conn. (AP) _ Lawrence + Memorial Healthcare and Yale-New Haven Health System are discussing an affiliation that would bring L+M into the network of the larger institution that extends from Greenwich to Old Saybrook. The Day of New...
- Study: Chocolate Can Help Prevent Some Heart Diseases Bioactive plant compounds found in the cocoa bean may have properties that strengthens blood vessels.
- Sleep Lab Study: Overnight Shift Workers Linked To Diabetes, Obesity Millions of Americans who work overnight, graveyard shifts are subject a range of negative metabolism and sleep cycle problems – and researchers are testing volunteers in sleep labs to find out why flipping one’s work schedule creates such hormonal...
- Top 5 'Healthy' Foods That Are Actually Unhealthy For You Put down that fruit smoothie! It might not be that good for you after all.
- Telemedicine, Access To Doctors Through Your Phone, Is On The Rise The number of people using their mobile devices and computers to connect with doctors is on the rise.
- Study: Birth Month Linked To Specific Disease Risks Scientists at Columbia University have found correlation between specific birth months and increased risks of contracting 55 diseases.
- New Research Institute Coming To UConn STORRS, Conn. (AP) _ University of Connecticut scientists researching everything from speech to genomics are coming together to become part of a new institute for the study of the brain. The Connecticut Institute for Brain and Cognitive Science...
- New Test Reveals Every Virus You've Ever Had New test examines bloodstream for traces of antibodies that reveal what viruses have lived in your body.
- Subway Latest Food Chain To Drop Artificial Ingredients Subway wants to give new meaning to its "eat fresh" slogan by joining the list of food companies to say it's dropping artificial ingredients.
- Study: 60 Percent Of College Students' Toothbrushes Found To Have Fecal Matter After Using Communal Bathrooms College students might want to start looking for off-campus housing after reading this study.
- Study: Cyberbullying Less Harmful Than In-Person Harassment Cyberbullying and online-only harassment are no more emotionally harmful to children than in-person bullying, with digital bullying lasting less time and not involving one’s peers.
- Study: Older Adults Losing Sense Of Smell May Die Sooner A new study finds that adults who are losing their sense of smell may die sooner.
- Study: Men Who Earn Less Money Than Their Wives Most Likely To Cheat University of Connecticut sociologist Christin Munsch concludes from her research that “infidelity may allow economically dependent men to engage in compensatory behavior while simultaneously distancing themselves from breadwinning spouses.”
- MIT's Origami Robot Could One Day Heal You From The Inside Tiny robot is able to fold itself into different shapes; doctors hope it will one day be able to enter the human body to treat illnesses and injuries.