Health Topic Center
CBS Connecticut Health News
- CDC: US Children Consume Too Much Salt According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, more than 90 percent of children in the U.S. aged 6 -18 have too much salt in their diet.
- Cases Of Enterovirus 68 Now Suspected In Connecticut Officials at Connecticut Children's Medical Center in Hartford say they're treating children with symptoms similar to those of a serious respiratory illness suspected of sickening dozens of boys and girls in at least 12 other states.
- Human Case Of West Nile Virus Confirmed The first human case of West Nile Virus in Connecticut this year is a Bridgeport resident.
- Enterovirus D68: What Every Parent Should Know Parents should be prepared for a new virus that is infecting the Midwest and looking to sweep the nation.
- Expert: Is a Low-Carb Diet Better Than a Low-Fat Diet? A new study finds the best diet for weight loss and heart health may be a low-carb diet.
- Study: Action-Packed TV Might Make You Snack More Could action-packed TV fare make you fat? That's the implication of a new study that found people snacked more watching fast-paced television than viewing a more leisurely paced talk show.
- Study Shows Treatment In Infants Reduces Symptoms Of Autism There is new hope in the fight against autism and it starts before a child is even diagnosed.
- "Topping Off" Ceremony For Health Center Hospital he final steel beams have been put into place for the new hospital tower at UConn Health as work continues on the nearly-billion-dollar Bioscience Connecticut project.
- Study: Potassium Can Help Prevent Strokes A new report in the journal 'Stroke' says there could be advantages to having potassium in the body.
- State Shuts Down 8 Blood Collection Centers The State Department of Public Health has closed eight blood collection centers because they were not licensed.