Fire Weather Watch: The National Weather Service says dry air and strong winds will increase the risk of brush fires spreading in parts of the state. Read More
Health Topic Center
CBS Connecticut Health News
- Scientists Discover First Case Of Genital Reversal: Female Penis, Male Vagina Displaying the first examples of animals with reversed genitals, researchers have discovered cave insects in which the females have penis-like genitals and the males have vagina-like organs.
- Access Health CT Enrolls 208,301 Connecticut's health insurance exchange says it enrolled 208,301 individuals in health plans during the first open enrollment period for the Affordable Care Act, more than double the original goal of 100,000.
- Study: Television Viewing Leads To Shorter Sleep In Children According to a recent study, increased television viewing in children leads to shorter sleep duration.
- History Major Says Yale Threatened To Expel Her Over Her Weight A Yale student says the school has dropped its months-long demand that she gain weight or leave the university.
- Locations For Medical Marijuana Dispensaries Chosen The Department of Consumer Protection has announced the locations of the first six locations for medical marijuana dispensaries in the state.
- Final Day To Sign Up For Access Health CT Connecticut officials are making a final push to help people sign up for health insurance coverage before Monday night's deadline.
- Additional Health Inspections For Massachusetts Medical Marijuana Dispensaries Companies given provisional approval to run medical marijuana dispensaries in Massachusetts are being subjected to additional scrutiny by state health officials.
- City Denies Marijuana Dispensary WEST HAVEN, Conn. (AP) - West Haven officials have denied a permit for what would be one of Connecticut's first medical marijuana dispensaries and have placed a 90-day moratorium on all such businesses in the city. The Planning and Zoning...
- Less Than A Week Left For Health Care Enrollment With a week left in open enrollment for the Connecticut health exchange "Access Health CT" has signed up some 170-thousand participants.
- Conn. Officials To Discuss Insurance Deadline Connecticut officials are discussing final efforts to enroll residents in health insurance plans before next week's deadline.