Health Topic Center
CBS Connecticut Health News
- New Haven Briefing Planned On Enterovirus 68 U.S. Rep. Rosa DeLauro is hosting an informational briefing on enterovirus 68, the respiratory virus that has affected many children.
- Viral Meningitis Confirmed At Wilton HS A pair of viral meningitis cases have been confirmed at Wilton High School, according to multiple reports.
- What Has The Affordable Care Act Accomplished A Year Later? With almost a year under its belt, has the Affordable Care Act impact as many people as it originally set out to?
- Two Whooping Cough Cases Confirmed In Plymouth Schools The state Public Health Department has confirmed two cases of whooping cough at a Plymouth elementary school.
- Case Of West Nile Virus Reported In Stamford STAMFORD, Conn. (AP) - The state Department of Public Health has confirmed that a Stamford resident contracted West Nile virus and has been treated and released from the hospital. The unidentified resident is the second person in Connecticut this...
- Enterovirus D68 Confirmed In Connecticut The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has confirmed a case of the enterovirus D68 in Connecticut.
- New Technology Uses Breath To Detect Deadly Diseases Something as simple as your breath could be the most accurate diagnostic tool for everything from asthma to cancer.
- Doctor: Blue Light From Electronics Can Wreak Havoc On Children's Sleep The latest research shows that nighttime exposure to blue light – mainly from computers, smartphones, tablets and e-readers -- is particularly harmful.
- A Medical Re-Awakening To Issues Of Domestic Violence Desiree Cooper, a spokesperson for Planned Parenthood, said many victims of abuse neglect their healthcare needs.
- CDC: US Children Consume Too Much Salt According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, more than 90 percent of children in the U.S. aged 6 -18 have too much salt in their diet.