Programming NotesBoston Red Sox Baseball *Due to MLB restrictions games can’t be streamed at wtic.com.
- 4/15 @ White Sox 7:25pm pregame/ 8:10pm first pitch
- 4/16 @ White Sox 7:25pm pregame/ 8:10pm first pitch
- 4/17 @ White Sox 7:25pm pregame/ 8:10pm first pitch
- 4/18 vs Orioles 6:25pm pregame/ 7:10pm first pitch
- 4/19 vs Orioles 12:50pm pregame/ 1:35pm first pitch
- 4/20 vs Orioles 6:20pm pregame/ 7:05pm first pitch
- 4/21 vs Orioles 11:05am first pitch
Latest Connecticut Energy
A Boston environmental group is challenging how energy policy is coordinated by New England’s six governors, saying the state leaders are conducting private negotiations with the energy industry.
A lack of pipelines into New England is making natural gas costlier, pushing up wholesale electricity prices in the region by 55 percent last year, the region’s electric grid operator said Tuesday.
U.S. Sen. Chris Murphy is asking federal regulators to curb independent electrical suppliers in Connecticut who offer new contracts with lower rates, but fail to fully disclose the potential for significant rate hikes in case of extreme weather fluctuations.
Municipal electric companies in Connecticut say a growing number of people are abusing a state law that protects those with serious or life-threatening illnesses from having their electricity shut off during the winter months because they can’t afford to pay the bill.
New England’s electric grid operator is warning that shutdowns of old power plants in the region are reducing supply and driving up prices.
- Power Plant Closings Could Impact Supply 02/05/2014
- PURA Cuts Nearly $50 Million From CL&P Storm Recovery Cost Request 02/03/2014
- DEEP Urges Caution On Ice 02/01/2014
- Electric Problem Prompts Shutdown Of Millstone Unit 01/31/2014