(East Hartford, CT/WTIC) – Fire officials in East Hartford say the blaze that destroyed a store in town late last night was electrical in nature.

Assistant Fire Chief Wiliam Perez the fire was reported just before midnight at the Welcome Market on Main Street when a passerby called 911.

He says it appears the fire started in a basement electrical panel.

No injuries were reported and it took around three dozen firefighters about an hour to knock down the blaze.

A neighboring store also sustained minor damage, Perez said.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Connecticut

Sign Up Today!
Celebrate Black History Month
Ski Card

Listen Live