MANCHESTER, Conn. (WTIC) – Twenty-two people were home when a kitchen fire broke out Tuesday morning at the Bennet Apartments senior housing facility on Main Street in Manchester, fire officials said.

Authorities say the blaze started on the third floor of the former school, which now contains 45 apartments. Some tenants were carried out of the building by first responders.

Many tenants sought refuge in the nearby Army & Navy Club next door.

The fire was sparked by unattended  cooking.

 

 

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s

Listen Live