Fire Damages Two Family Home

(MANCHESTER,Conn./CBS Connecticut) – A fire in a two family home on Ridge Road in Manchester early Sunday morning caused moderate damage to a second floor bedroom and attic.The blaze at 76-78 Ridge Road was reported around 2:30 am.

All 6 occupants of the 2 and a half story home were awakened by smoke detectors and got out safely.A tenant of 78 Ridge Road said the fire was started by unattended candles.

The Manchester fire marshal is investigating.

The Red Cross and Manchester Human Services Department are assisting the displaced residents.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Connecticut

Sign Up Today!
Hear WTIC Podcasts
At The Box Office

Listen Live