Official: Pressure Cooker Likely Caused Wedding Venue Fire

EAST HAMPTON, Conn. (CBS Connecticut and AP) – Officials say an unattended pressure cooker likely caused the fire that cut short a reception at a Connecticut wedding venue earlier this year.

The couple was in the middle of cutting the cake at the banquet hall at St. Clements Castle and Marina on June 25 when staff alerted guests to a fire in a nearby building.

The Middletown Press reports that East Hampton fire officials released the results of their investigation this week, saying the fire was accidental.

One employee suffered minor injuries in the fire. No guests were hurt.

The building was heavily damaged.

(© Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Connecticut

Hear WTIC Podcasts
At The Box Office
Download the ALL NEW RADIO.COM App

Listen Live