SOUTH WINDSOR, Conn. (CBS Connecticut and AP) – Firefighters are praising a South Windsor family who went into a neighbor’s smoky home and dragged the unconscious man to safety.
Fire Chief Kevin Cooney says a man, his wife and adult daughter saw smoke coming from the neighbor’s house on Scantic Meadow Drive at about 8:15 p.m. Sunday.
They called 911 and went to the home.
They looked in a window and saw an unconscious man in a chair. They kicked in the locked door, turned off the stove and took a flaming pan outside. Firefighters arrived minutes later.
Cooney says the victim had a medical emergency.
He says the neighbors’ actions “without a doubt reduced the amount of fire damage and most likely saved the occupant from a more serious, if not life-threatening situation.”
No names were released.
(© Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)