(CBS Connecticut) — Stamford firefighters say a roman candle started a fire on the outside of a house on Evergreen Court last night.

A person who lives in the house noticed the fire on the side of the house, and called 911.  It was burning siding and sheathing.

The resident took steps to put out the fire.  The flames were out when firefighters arrived.

Stamford firefighters say Roman candles, smoke bombs, firecrackers, snakes, skyrockets, Daygo bombs and bottle rockets are illegal in Connecticut.

There were no injuries.


Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

Listen Live