BRIDGEPORT, Conn. (CBS Connecticut and AP) – The Connecticut medical examiner says an over-the-counter medicine led to the death of an infant chronicled on the A&E television show “Live PD.”

According to the report, Michael Citron died from acute chlorpheniramine intoxication. Chlorpheniramine is an antihistamine used in medicine brands such as Benadryl, Nytol and Tylenol. The “manner of death” is undetermined.

Citron was in a foster home when he died Dec. 2, 2016. His biological mother had been trying to regain custody at the time of his death.

A lawyer representing the biological mother says he is conducting a separate investigation into the boy’s death.

Both the Bridgeport Police Department and the Department of Children and Families are conducting investigations.

DCF Commissioner Joette Katz says “our hearts go out to the biological and foster families.”

(© Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Connecticut

WTIC Holiday Stores 2017
Ski Card
Download the ALL NEW RADIO.COM App

Listen Live