Students Sickened In Glastonbury School

GLASTONBURY, Conn. (AP) – Doctors say heat, not a gas exposure, likely caused about a dozen students to become sick at a Connecticut elementary school.

Eastbury Elementary School in Glastonbury was evacuated Thursday morning after students attending a choir rehearsal reported feeling faint.

School Superintendent Alan Bookman says officials were investigating whether there may have been a problem with the school’s ventilation system.  The school was tested for a possible carbon monoxide problem, but officials say nothing harmful was detected.

Dr. Steven Rogers, with the Connecticut Children’s Medical Center in Hartford, says 12 students were brought there and were treated for symptoms possibly caused by overheating due to poor ventilation.

The rest of the school’s approximately 250 students were sent to a nearby school to be reunited with their parents.

(© Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Connecticut

CT Business Spotlight
CBS Hartford 4 Charity

Listen Live