Hartford Man Faces More Than 20 Years In Fatal Shooting

HARTFORD, Conn. (CBS Connecticut and AP) – A Hartford man is facing 28 years behind bars for the fatal shooting of a man during an attempted robbery more than a year ago.

The Hartford Courant reports 27-year-old Nolan Evans pleaded guilty Thursday to first-degree manslaughter with a firearm in the April 2015 death of Charles Rogers. He is scheduled to be sentenced on April 4.

Authorities say Rogers had been asleep in his vehicle when Evans and another man approached the car. They say Evans woke Roger’s up and told him to give him his stuff. Police say Rogers laughed at Evans, who then fired a shotgun through the window.

Investigators had said they were led to Evans by two informants who said Evans talked about the killing.

(© Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.) 

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Connecticut

CT Business Spotlight
Sign Up Today!

Listen Live