Programming Note: Listen to the first Presidential debate Monday night 9-11pm on WTIC NewsTalk 1080 and wtic.com.

Dozens Sickened By CO In Bristol

BRISTOL, Conn. (CBS Connecticut) – Bristol police say dozens of people were sickened by a carbon monoxide leak Thursday morning at a building housing multiple businesses on Valley Street.

Authorities were called to 32 Valley Street around 11 a.m. and immediately started evacuating part of the building. Eventually, police say the entire building was cleared and 30 to 40 people were treated for CO poisoning. Authorities say the victims were treated at the scene with oxygen and most went to area hospitals for further treatment. None of the injuries appeared to be serious, said police.

Investigators believe the CO originated from the Faneuil Call Center– possibly from a propane-powered saw.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Connecticut

CBS Hartford 4 Charity
Win Red Sox Tickets All Season

Listen Live