UConn Students Attempt To Burn Bees, Set Fire To Apartment

STORRS, Conn. (CBS Connecticut and AP) – Fire officials say several University of Connecticut students were displaced after they sparked a small fire at their Storrs apartment complex while attempting to burn some bees.

The Hartford Courant reports the students were lighting a charcoal grill behind the Carriage House Townhomes around 6:40 p.m. Tuesday when they noticed the bees by their apartment’s brick facade.

The students sprayed the insects with lighter fluid, which ignited and started a fire in the wood frame behind the facade.

Fire officials say the blaze was extinguished quickly and no one was injured. The wall and the kitchens of two apartments were damaged by the flames.

The students who reside in the affected apartments have been placed in temporary housing for a few days while repairs are made.

(© Copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)  

Comments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Connecticut

CBS Hartford 4 Charity
Win Red Sox Tickets All Season

Listen Live