WEST HAVEN, Conn. (AP) – Authorities have identified the victim of a fire at a West Haven condominium complex and say smoking is to blame.
Fire investigators say the victim of fire Monday morning at the Bull Hill Lane condominiums in West Haven was 44-year-old Robert Graziano.
West Shore Fire Chief Stephen Scafariello says the cause was “careless, disregarded smoking materials.”
He tells The New Haven Register that the fire was limited mostly to a bedroom in the unit where the victim’s body was found thanks to smoke and carbon monoxide detectors with 10-year batteries donated and installed last winter.
Graziano was taken to a hospital where he was pronounced dead.
(© Copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)