Firefighter Burned In Blaze Above Hartford Pizza Parlor

HARTFORD, Conn. (CBS Connecticut and AP) – Officials say a Hartford firefighter was injured in a blaze that tore through apartments above a pizza parlor in the city.

Crews were dispatched to the scene above Campus Pizza on Broad Street just before 5:30 p.m. Thursday. They were met by heavy flames and a thick plume of beige smoke emanating from the structure.

Chief Reginald Freeman says firefighters from eight engine companies worked together to knock the blaze down in about an hour. Everyone inside the building was able to make it out safely.

One firefighter was hospitalized for treatment of burns to his face. He’s expected to survive.

Police say the fire was an accident– caused by a contractor performing repairs on the roof with a blow torch.

(© Copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.) 

Comments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Connecticut

CBS Hartford 4 Charity
Win Red Sox Tickets All Season

Listen Live