NEW LONDON, Conn. (AP) – An electrical malfunction has been identified as the cause of the electric shock that sent five people on a ride at a Connecticut amusement park to the hospital.
A man and four children ranging in age from 4 to 10 were shocked on the Scrambler ride at Ocean Beach Park in New London on Tuesday.
Deputy Police Chief Peter Reichard said Wednesday an issue in the wiring for the lighting of another ride was the problem.
Because the Scrambler’s electricity feeds from the other ride, the other ride’s faulty wiring fed electricity through the Scrambler and to the aluminum handrails around it.
A 10-year-old boy suffered burns to the palm. All the injured have been released from the hospital.
The ride was temporarily closed while the wiring was repaired before reopening.
(© Copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)