NEW HAVEN, Conn. (AP) – One of two men who killed a woman and her two daughters inside their suburban Connecticut him in 2007 has formally dropped an appeal of his conviction.
Steven Hayes told a Superior Court judge on Tuesday that he is guilty and gave up his pursuit of a new trial.
The Hartford Courant reports that Hayes said the only thing a new round of hearings could accomplish would be a presentation of the specific roles he and his accomplice Joshua Komisarjevsky had in the 2007 Cheshire home invasion.
The men were convicted in the slayings of Jennifer Hawke-Petit and her two daughters.
A lawyer for Hayes had previously withdrawn the appeal and the hearing was held to confirm the decision.
Komisarjevsky’s appeal of his conviction is still pending.
(© Copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)